Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The things I miss

I miss the past.
Nostalgia comes close to defining my state. My feelings aren't due to my missing the events of the past, but my gratitude for how I've have grown from these past events.
I could name the names, place the places, and reminisce of the memories, but nothing compares to the present, and the past can't replace the future.

"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." ~Jean Luc Picard

I miss the friends I once knew. I miss the schools that have taught me so well. I miss the bus rides that I couldn't stop laughing in. I miss the girls that I couldn't stop staring at.

But nothing compares to my friends now. Nothing compares to Kettering. Nothing compares to my car, Roxanne. Nothing compares to CC. My wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous CC.

No one can take any of my happiness away, only myself.
And I will be happy, god as my witness.




Also, the game (/gotcha!)

3 comments: