Friday, January 7, 2011

Overall, a pretty good day.

What an interesting post-birthday it has been (2 hours past it, at this point in time). Woke up next to the most beautiful girl in the world, had a great lunch presented by Mom. Then, things went a little haywire. I packed for about 4 straight hours, taking only 5 minute breaks every so-often. After 3 hours passed, my mom decided she wanted to help. I told her everything was ok and that I could handle it myself, stressing that if I pack my own things, then I will remember what I need and what I want to take instead of bringing things that won't even escape the paper bags they came in. We had our quarrel and I left home, Dolores (my relatively new 2011 Malibu) packed to the tee. Left at 4:30. Arrived at 5:30. Unpacked, arranged, re-arranged, renovated, and screwed holes. This process was over at 10:30, when I finally sat down and played a rousing round of LoL and watched an episode of "Firefly", then "Book of Eli".

For my first day in a long time of being alone, I've had a very productive day. Usually, I have the benefit of at least 2 cars moving items and amenities between Rochester and Flint. This time, it was simply me and Dolores. I still have a little bit of things left to bring over. I think I may have to leave my PS3 at home this term. There is much too little space here in this bedroom, and I wouldn't want to add another piece of consumer electronics to it. Speaking of which, CES started today and it has been much more diverse than I was expecting. I love seeing all of the new things coming out that I may never have a chance of getting. Plus, volunteering to get tased and receiving a shirt and commemorative coin is sweet!

Book of Eli is much more well done than I was expecting. Obviously (or not so much), it has many religious connotations, both implicit and explicit. It has a unique and refreshing style. It has action, suspense, and a deep message. Finally, it has Denzel Washington. That is all.

Hooking up the internet here has been hell! I'm using my 17inch laptop as an ad-hoc access point, because the only wireless this house has at the moment is a netgear router that the previous residents left behind. Too bad it is password protected. Now, my internet is actually quite good compared to what I had during work term. :)

I love blatant product placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment