Thursday, October 14, 2010

Evening

Hello world. Had a very eventful day.

Morning - get up, say good morning to CC. Go to work. Kevin, the other contractor, arrives shortly after I do and is already up and running on helping me with my projects. He is a good guy.
Here's the deal though:

On Monday and Tuesday, the contractor from Netarx, Jeff, comes in at 8:30am. He is supposed to be coming in for 8 hours, but he leaves at 4:30pm, which is before I even leave, and only counts as 7 hours. Jeff's work was pretty good, but it wasn't worth the fact that we had to pay almost triple the price of a normal employee to have him.

On Wednesday and today, Kevin comes in, on time, and helps with my job and is very knowledgeable about everything that we do. He helps me with some image rebuilds and also nails down the process for building laptops. We talk a lot, and I learn he has a brother who lives in Rochester. Very cool.

We've decided to stick with Kevin and let Jeff go, given the cost savings that we will benefit from.

Also, I got my paycard from HR in order to rectify the missing pay from tomorrows reciept. They gave me what they call a pay card, a debit card that can be used as a credit card (will have $300 on it). I will probably cash it out tomorrow.

Evening - get into IM chat with Amanda. She is bored, so I introduce her to xkcd and amazingsuperpowers. She doesn't get it. Guess it's not her kinda thing. We leave for lunch around 11:30am and we talk about school, all the while Brandon sitting back just listening, since he doesn't go to Kettering and doesn't know what to say. We felt bad. Ate a full meal at Buffalo Wild Wings. :)

Later Evening - Keep working, you know.

4:40pm - leave work, satisfied with the things I have accomplished.

6:30pm - Dad and I drive to the driving range and he gets me back into the swing of things. (pun!) At first I have issues with keeping my left arm straight, but after a while, I am able to use my momentum to help me (it really is all in the hips). I loosen up and start getting the muscle memory from back when I golfed avidly (age 10-13ish).

7:50pm - remember to get into the Up Til Dawn phone conference. Have my part to say and get some work to do. Good meeting. Finish at 8:28pm.

8:30pm - call CC, finally. I wish I had a chance to call earlier. CC seemed mad at me for not having called earlier. Have a nice conversation with my other half. Grounds me. I love you CC.

Since then, I have been packing all of my clothing and things in preparation for going to Port Huron and seeing CC. I miss her so much.

To CC: I'm sorry for not calling sooner. I know you've wanted to talk to me. I miss you.

As I am typing this stanza (correct me if I am mistaken), only 19 hours remain until I am in Port Huron and get to see CC again. Success!

Watching cinemassacres Godzillathon as celebration.
Can't wait for pay day tomorrow. I love getting over $1,000 every other Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment