Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday, oh what a day

A contracted worker from Netarx started today and I was training him in what he's going to be doing. He's a pretty cool guy. He's got that 'engineer' attitude about things and I can respect that. Very willing to learn and figure out a new way for the future.

What else is going on.
...
hm
...
Oh! That's right!



Got my beautifully delicious and gigantically pretty new phone: The Droid X. I love this thing, and I'm sorry for making this space on the internet my shrine of worship to this phone. I'll shut up now.



Tonight, CC is coming to my home and I plan to show her a fun and relaxing time. She seems to have been having a stressful time these past few days and I want to help her come back down to earth. If I can make her smile, I know I've done my job.

CC: as much as I love my phone, I love you more.


Hm...

I have started contemplating the Gettier Problem: (generalized) What makes a belief become knowledge? It stems from my interest in ontology, but it has evolved over the years (religion as a being, thought as a being, etc). I guess I just really like these ways of viewing and reviewing ones own system of thinking. I can also say that I am a firm subscriber of conceptual metaphor, which is exactly what it sounds like: understanding one domain based on it's cognitive relation to another.

Just wanted to type that. Had to get my mind off of work for a few minutes.

Anyway...see ya in about 5 hours CC. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment